Capital Letters

Hello everyone!

Today we are learning about something that is quite simple but easy to forget: Capital letters. Before we start you will need your home learning books and a pencil, so grab those now.

Now you will need to write the date and LI. They are on the next screen, so pause and you can copy them down.

Thursday, 23rd April
LI - I can use capital letters

Now, you are ready for a starter challenge. I would like you to write all of the capital letters correctly from A all the way to Z. They are on the next screen so you can pause it and copy if there are any you are not sure about.

If I asked you where you use a capital letter I think you could tell me; at the beginning of a sentence and for a proper noun. For your first challenge, we will practise using them at the beginning of a sentence. I have done some writing on the class charts page, blogpost and description that needs capital letters. I would like you to copy them out and add the capital letters where I forgot them.

one day, I went to the shops. it was raining but I forgot my umbrella. when I got to the shops I was very wet. luckily, the shop sold umbrellas. 

There is another time we use a capital letter: Proper nouns. Proper nouns are people, places and things. They can be people like Anany or Nia, who have both been working very hard. Well done! They can be places like China or London. They can things like Eiffel Tower or London Eye. They are special nouns that are unique and because they are so special, they need a capital letter.

For your second challenge, you will need to check my sentences again. I remembered the capital letter at the start but I have forgotten the capital letter for the proper nouns. There are 5 proper nouns to find. As always you can email your work to (y2@grange.harrow.sch.uk) or submit via class charts. You can find the sentences on the next screen, in the description, blogpost or classcharts.

One day, I went to paris. I saw anany and nia’s amazing work. It was so exciting that I got on a plane to london. As I was flying, I saw the River thames.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Mr Deller.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Adjectives

Story Mapping

Apostrophes of Possession